Thursday, October 20, 2011

REINOLD MARVIN 1513-1561

[Ancestral Link: Harold William Miller, son of Edward Emerson Miller, son of Anna Hull (Miller), daughter of William Hull, son of Anna Hyde (Hull), daughter of Uriah Hyde, son of Elizabeth Leffingwell (Hyde), daughter of John Leffingwell, son of Mary Bushnell (Leffingwell), daughter of Marie Marvin (Bushnell), daughter of Matthew Marvin, son of Edward Marvin, son of Reinhold Marvin.]

[Ancestral Link: Harold William Miller, son of Edward Emerson Miller, son of Anna Hull (Miller), daughter of William Hull, son of Anna Hyde (Hull), daughter of Uriah Hyde, son of Ezra Hyde, son of Anne Bushnell (Hyde), daughter of Richard Bushnell, son of Marie Marvin (Bushnell), daughter of Matthew Marvin, son of Edward Marvin, son of Reinhold Marvin.]

[Also found on Stagge-Parker.blogspot.com]





Reinhold Marvin Stone

Reinhold Mervyn, http://www.gdcooke.org/SS/default.aspx/page/org2-o/p3813.htm Reinold's name can also be found with the spellings of Raynold or Rynalde Mervyn or Marven. He was a yeoman, and under 21 when his father made his will in 1533. He may have been born about 1513. He lived in Ramsey, and was taxed 20s. on movables in the Lay Subsidy of 1540. He had received from his father a tenement called Bennettes in Ramsey (which he in turn bequeathed to his son Richard), and he seems to have acquired other lands, both in Ramsey and in the adjoining parish of Wrabness. He left a will dated 22 Dec 1554, but it bears no date of probate. He certainly died before 14 October 1561, when he was called "late deceased" in the will of his brother Thomas.
found on ancestry.com


Transcript of Will of Reinold Marvin 1561, Essex, England

"WILL OF RAYNOLD MARVEN

In the name of god Amen in the xxij Day of December in the yere of our Lorde God 1554 I Raynold Marven of Ramsey in the countey of essex yeman of hole mynde & good Remembranc do make and ordayne thys my last wyll & testament after thys forme folowyng fyrst I bequeth my Soule to Almyghtye god my maker & my body to be buryed in the churche of Saynt Myghell the Arcangell of Ramsey

Item I gyve unto Johan my wyfe all my howses & landes for terme of her lyfe to kepe my chyldren & hyrs withall tell they be abell to helpe themselves & to kepe the howses in reperasyon & ye landes inffensyng & she to make no wast of tymber & woodes

Item I gyve to ye brydge of Ramsey xxvjs viijd to be payd when yt ys a makyng or a mending

Item I gyve to Richarde my Sonne a tenement called Benettes lying in Ramsey & all the landes therto be longgyng after the decesse of hys mother to hym & hys aeyres

Item I gyve to Edwarde my Sonne a tenement lying in Wrabnes with ye landes therto belongyng bothe free and copye after the decesse of hys mother to hym & to hys ayeres

Item I gyve to John my Son a tenement lying in Ramsey the wyche I bought of John Dave called Genettes & the landys therto belongyng after ye decesse of hys mother to hym & to hys aeyeres & also I gyve to the sayd John xli of money to be payd hym at xxj yeres of Age

Item I wyll yff any of my iij Sonnes do dey or they come to the Age of xxj yeres that then the lande & mony of thyre parte so being dew to be devydyd in equall partes betwyn them yt Remayn alyve

Item I gyv to my iij Doughters yt ys Audre Margere & Barbara xli apece to be payd unto them at the age of xx yeres & yf any of them do dey beffor they come to the age of xx yeres then I wyll yt her parte be equaly devyd to ye lyving of the sayd doughters

Item I gyve to Thomas Churchman vjs viijd

Item I gyve to the wedowe Kyng vjs viijd

Item to Loye purcas iijs iiijd

Item to John Johnsonne iiijs iiijd

Item to Bese wyxe wedowe iijs iiijd

Item to Als Betryche iijs iiijd

Item I gyve to Mare Wales xs & thys money to be payd wyth in xiiij dayes after my buryall

Item I gyve to John How the elder xxs

Itemm I gyve to John Howe the yongher xxs

Item I gyve to Stephyn How xxs these legacys to be payd within viij wekes after my buryall

Item I gyve to crystyan my mayd an ewe

Item to Johan my mayd an ewe

Item to Margret my mayd an ewe

Item I gyve to Johan my wyve all my yewes that I have in my ferme of east Haull & the Ray & Barwycke

Item I wyll that yff my wyfe chanche for to marye agayn then I wyll she shall be bounde before that she do marye to my brother John Mervyn & to my Brother thomas Mervyn for my chyldrene stockes & legacys with ij suffycyent Suretes in dobull the valew ffor the performanc off yt accordyng to my wyll or ells to delyver the sayd stockes before that she do marye into the handes of the sayd John Merven & Thomas Merven

Item I gyve to Johan my wyfe all the Rest of my goodes unbequeathed both movable and unmovables howm I do make my Sole executrix & she to pay my dettes & my legacys & to see my wyll fullfylld These being wyttnes Wyllyam Vaughan Robert Blosse Thomas Hedge with other moreBy me Rynaldemervyn "

Transcript of the Will of Reinold Marvin (spelled on the document) Reynold Marven. He was a resident of Ramsey, Essex, England. From The English Ancestry of Reinold and Matthew Marvin of Hartford, Connecticut, 1638 by Franklin and William T. R. Marvin, Boston,
found on ancestry.com

Reinhold Mervyn
http://www.gdcooke.org/SS/default.aspx/page/org2-o/p3813.htm

Reinold's name can also be found with the spellings of Raynold or Rynalde Mervyn or Marven. He was a yeoman, and under 21 when his father made his will in 1533. He may have been born about 1513. He lived in Ramsey, and was taxed 20s. on movables in the Lay Subsidy of 1540. He had received from his father a tenement called Bennettes in Ramsey (which he in turn bequeathed to his son Richard), and he seems to have acquired other lands, both in Ramsey and in the adjoining parish of Wrabness. He left a will dated 22 December 1554, but it bears no date of probate. He certainly died before 14 October 1561, when he was called "late deceased" in the will of his brother Thomas.
found on ancestry.com


"The English Ancestry of Reinold & Matthew Marvin" by William T. R. Marvin
Roger Mervyn of St. Stephen's Parish, Ipswich, in the County of Suffolk was born certainly as early as 1430, since he left a son who was old enough to be his executor when he died in 1475. His wife was Matilda____________.

John Mervyn, son of Roger, was apparently living in Ipswich when his father died. As he as made executor of his father's will in 1475, we place his birth about 1453. The date of his death is unknown.

John Mervy, son of John, was born about 1480

Reynolde, or Reynold, Mervyn, son of John was born about 1514. He married Johan__________, who survived him. He died in 1554-55.

Edward Marvin, son of Reynold, was born about 1552 in Ramsey, England and married Margaret_______. He was a man of considerable property.

Matthew Marvin was baptized a Great Bently, England 23 March 1659-60. Salisbury's "Family Histories and Genealogies" says: "Mathew Marvin embarked with his family for New England 15 Apr 1635, on the "Increase," having taken the oaths of Allegiance and Supremacie. It appears the he was then 35 years of age. He is called "husband-man," and his party consisted of his wife, Elizabeth, aged 31, daughter Elizabeth, 11, son Mathew, 8, daughters Marie, 6, Sara 3 and Hanna 1/2."

Mathew settled in Hartford, Connecticut, where he was an original proprietor in 1635. He died about 1680.
found on ancestry.com

No comments:

Post a Comment